This month is a special month. It’s not because of President’s Day or even the exciting day where we revel in groundhogs. No, this month is special because the free book give-away is happening again. This is where you, the reader, gets to win something free for doing nothing more than posting a comment saying that you want a copy of my recently published book – The InnoDB Quick Reference Guide from Packt Publishing. The book is a great reference for DBAs, PHP, Python, or Perl programmers that integrate with MySQL and want to learn more about the InnoDB database engine.

So, all you have to do is post a comment here saying that you want a copy and write out a single (or more) sentence about how you use InnoDB in your development or production environment. At the end of the month two readers will be chosen via a random list sorting script that I’ve whipped up for just this purpose. You will then get an email from the publisher who will send a brand new e-copy of the book free of charge. It’s that simple. Free book February! Comment now!

Update:
Here are the winners of the book contest for the InnoDB Quick Reference Guide
Matthew Bigelow — who will be using the book during his upgrade of a medical services database architecture.
Erin O’Neill – who will be raffling the book at the upcoming http://www.sfmysql.org conference: register for the conference now and you’ll have a second chance to win a copy of the book!

Tagged , , , , ,

16 thoughts on “[updated] Free book February returns – Get a copy of the InnoDB Quick Reference Guide

1. Sean says:

The more one knows about InnoDB and it’s internals the better. It’s the only (and default) engine used at my employer.

2. Chad says:

I use to run several LAMP stacks at my old job and we used myisam. I liked the benefits of innodb better but never had time to convert things over. Now I run (inherited) an all MSFT shop, and I’ve thought about building some things off of LAMP again, and I’d love to read more about innodb so I can compare it with MS SQL Server.

3. Andy Brown says:

I would like a copy if your book. I use InnoDB in tracking systems using a Perl lamp stack which have to have high uptime and row level locking.

4. Stefan says:

We are running a mixture of InnoDB and MyISAM tables still in dev and production. I am looking forward to MySQL 5.6 being tested for our production purposes to replace some MyISAMs with InnoDBs using fulltext indexes.

5. Ted Wennmark says:

Innodb is the default and best SE for MySQL.
    I would love a copy of your book.

Cheers,
    Ted

6. Rob Smith says:

Hi Matt,

I would love a copy of your book. We use InnoDB as our primary storage engine at FlowPlay.

Take care,
    ~Rob

7. Matt Davis says:

Matt’s advice is second to none, I’d love a copy of the InnoDB guide!!

8. batfastad says:

Hi Matt

A copy of this reference guide would be amazing. I’ve always stuck with the default storage engine in MySQL (MyISAM) but now the packages I tend to work with (CentOS) are shipping with InnoDB as the default and I need to know this stuff as I start to convert some solutions. Thankfully file_per_table is now also default which removed a bit down-side to InnoDB for me, data file ballooning when… dumping, leaving a warm copy, re-importing, deleting the warm copy.

Cheers, B

9. Matt Bigelow says:

Matt,

I would love a copy of your book. My company produces practice management and medical billing software. We are primarily on MySQL 5.1 and its default SE, MyISAM. I have finally converted our developers to make the switch to InnoDB. I am in the process of getting all of our customers upgraded to MySQL 5.5 and converted to InnoDB. Your book would be a tremendous help is better flushing out our systems for maximum reliability and performance.

Sincerely,

Matt Bigelow

10. Alban says:

Hi Matt

I struggle from time to time to optimize innodb variables.
    I’d love a copy of the InnoDB guide!

Alban

11. Djill says:

Hi,

I’m interested for having a copy of your InnoDB guide.
    Thanks

12. Brumby says:

I’d love a free copy of your book. Our entire software platform is gearing up to move to InnoDB, and as someone who supports that software, I’d love to have a better understanding of it.

13. Carlos Lopez says:

Hi
    I am interested in receiving a copy of the book

14. erin o'neill says:

You could send a book or two for our raffle at http://www.sfmysql.org.

Plus you could come speak too & bring more books to raffle off! :)

15. JG says:

This book would come in handy!

16. St says:

Thank you in advance for the book.

Comments are closed.